- The Simmons Firm Blog
- > ADAO Conference Focuses on the Asbestos Crisis and Prevention
Asbestos exposure contributes as the leading cause of serious conditions like mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases, yet its use is not banned in the United States. As the “voice of the victims”, the Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization has announced the agenda for the 9th Annual International Asbestos Awareness Conference that will take place on March 22 – 24 in Washington D.C.
The theme for the 2013 conference is “The Asbestos Crisis: New Trends in Prevention and Treatment” and will feature more than 30 notable experts and asbestos victims who will present information on the latest advancements in disease prevention, global advocacy and mesothelioma and asbestos-related disease treatments.
The primary four sessions of the 2013 conference will cover the following topics:
- Medical Advancements (the diagnosis and treatment of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases)
- Patients & Caregivers Information (guidance on mesothelioma treatment and medical issues)
- Prevention (issues related to preventing mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases that are caused from asbestos exposure)
- Advocacy (Global Ban Asbestos Action)
The event begins at 8 a.m. Saturday, March 23 with registration and a continental breakfast, concluding for the day at 5 p.m. Sunday’s sessions will begin at 9:30 a.m. and will conclude at 11:30 a.m. View the full conference agenda now.
ADAO is the largest independent asbestos victims’ organization in the U.S. and strives to give asbestos victims and their loved ones a voice and the ability to raise public awareness on the dangers of asbestos. The Simmons Firm is the longest consecutive supporter of ADAO and is a platinum sponsor of the 2013 conference.
Keynote speakers for the event include Dr. Aubrey Miller on Saturday, March 23. Miller is Senior Medical Advisor and National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Liaison to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Sunday’s keynote speaker will be Karen Banton, widow of the late activist Bernie Banton and CEO of the Bernie Banton Foundation.
Registration is open now through March 1. Register for the 9th Annual International Asbestos Awareness Conference today.
Post a comment
- Blog Contributors
- Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation
- Mesothelioma Video Library
- Simmons Cancer Institute
- Connect to Us Online
- Asbestos Legistation Update: Corporations Lobby for Legislative Protections While Thousands of U.S. Military Veterans Continue to Die from Asbestos Cancer
- Bridgeton Landfill: Rolling Stone Magazine Puts Spotlight on Underground Fire
- Simmons Employee Golf Tourney to Feed Area Elementary Students
- Asbestos Facts and Stats You Should Know
- U.S. Surgeon General Stresses Dangers of Asbestos Exposure
- FACT Act Threatens Rights of Asbestos Victims and Families
- Asbestos Conference Keynotes Feature Asbestos Medical Expert, Advocate
- Honorees to Be Awarded at the 2013 ADAO Conference Dinner
- Meso Foundation to Host Live Stream of 2013 Symposium
- Mesothelioma Symposium To Feature Popular Event Fundraising Session
- VIEW MORE