- The Simmons Firm Blog
- > Asbestos and Mesothelioma Updates: February 2013
The mesothelioma lawyers at the Simmons Firm have brought together recent headlines highlighting the dangers of asbestos exposure and new information concerning mesothelioma research from throughout the nation and world.
- Casper Officials Extend Deadline for Skyline Towers to Address Asbestos
A low-income senior housing center in Casper, WY, was given an extension to meet the city's deadline to install a fire sprinkler and alarm system after asbestos was found in its Sheetrock drywall. The center was built in the 1960s, a time when asbestos was commonly used in building materials.
- Montevallo Elementary Reopens after Mold, Asbestos Concerns
After conducting cleaning and other work throughout the building of Montevallo Elementary school in Montevallo, Alabama, the school has reopened at the start of the new year. The school was closed on Dec. 12 after air quality tests unleashed concerns about mold and asbestos in the building.
- Investigator: Students Gut Asbestos-Filled Building
A small religious school near Cleveland, OH is under criminal investigation after it allowed several students and volunteers to gut a building that contained asbestos, according to interviews and records. All of the students were as young as 13 years old and did not wear any protective gear during the excavation. A video taken of the students and volunteers working shows a large cloud of dust dispersing in the air after debris was dropped into a dumpster.
Post a comment
- Blog Contributors
- Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation
- Mesothelioma Video Library
- Simmons Cancer Institute
- Connect to Us Online
- Bridgeton Landfill: Rolling Stone Magazine Puts Spotlight on Underground Fire
- Simmons Employee Golf Tourney to Feed Area Elementary Students
- Asbestos Facts and Stats You Should Know
- U.S. Surgeon General Stresses Dangers of Asbestos Exposure
- FACT Act Threatens Rights of Asbestos Victims and Families
- Asbestos Conference Keynotes Feature Asbestos Medical Expert, Advocate
- Honorees to Be Awarded at the 2013 ADAO Conference Dinner
- Meso Foundation to Host Live Stream of 2013 Symposium
- Mesothelioma Symposium To Feature Popular Event Fundraising Session
- Share Your Mesothelioma Story with ADAO
- VIEW MORE