- The Simmons Firm Blog
- > Simmons Firm “We Give” Spotlight: Amy Fair
The holiday season is a special time of year when more people take the time to give back to their community, whether it be through volunteer work, monetary donations or other ways. Members of the Simmons Firm team also make an effort to give back to the community throughout the year.
For Amy Fair, RN and head of the medical department at the Simmons Firm, volunteering is a yearly must-do. For the past three years, Fair has been organizing a group of employees to volunteer at the St. Louis Veterans Home. Specifically, the group sacrifices their time and efforts to help out at the annual Thanksgiving Dinner, serving meals to more than 800 veterans.
“Volunteering can seem like a chore, especially during the holidays,” Fair said in an employee newsletter, “but…it always benefits those who give ten times over.”
Fair is also a board member for the Simmons Firm Employee Foundation where she serves as Volunteer Coordinator, is a coordinator for the Simmons Firm’s Adopt-A-Family Christmas program and helped organize the firm’s recent food drive. Fair was recognized by the Alton Branch of the NAACP during its 43rd Annual NAACP Freedom Fund Banquet in 2011. This recognition is awarded to individuals who go the extra mile to help build a better community.
“I don’t have the financial means to change the world, but my volunteer work can,” Fair said in an Alton Telegraph article published in July 2011. “The Simmons Firm helps me do that.”
Learn more about the dedication of the Simmons Firm to the community through charitable causes now.
Post a comment
- Blog Contributors
- Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation
- Mesothelioma Video Library
- Simmons Cancer Institute
- Connect to Us Online
- Asbestos Legistation Update: Corporations Lobby for Legislative Protections While Thousands of U.S. Military Veterans Continue to Die from Asbestos Cancer
- Bridgeton Landfill: Rolling Stone Magazine Puts Spotlight on Underground Fire
- Simmons Employee Golf Tourney to Feed Area Elementary Students
- Asbestos Facts and Stats You Should Know
- U.S. Surgeon General Stresses Dangers of Asbestos Exposure
- FACT Act Threatens Rights of Asbestos Victims and Families
- Asbestos Conference Keynotes Feature Asbestos Medical Expert, Advocate
- Honorees to Be Awarded at the 2013 ADAO Conference Dinner
- Meso Foundation to Host Live Stream of 2013 Symposium
- Mesothelioma Symposium To Feature Popular Event Fundraising Session
- VIEW MORE