- The Simmons Firm Blog
- > Healthy Lung Month: What Do You Know about Lung Disease?
In support of Healthy Lung Month, we want to spread awareness regarding how lung disease affects people in the United States. While there are many types of lung disease, lung cancer is the most prominent form of lung disease in the United States. Lung cancer kills more people than the next three most common cancers combined (colon cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer).
Occupational lung diseases, which include asbestosis and mesothelioma, also affect many Americans. Occupational illnesses are estimated to cost $150 billion annually. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), typically caused by long-term exposure to lung irritants that damage the lungs and airways, is attributed to occupational exposure 19.2% of the time.
The image below highlights some startling statistics about lung disease in the U.S. Share it with your friends and family to make sure they know how important it is to protect their lungs.
Post a comment
- Blog Contributors
- Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation
- Mesothelioma Video Library
- Simmons Cancer Institute
- Connect to Us Online
- Bridgeton Landfill: Rolling Stone Magazine Puts Spotlight on Underground Fire
- Simmons Employee Golf Tourney to Feed Area Elementary Students
- Asbestos Facts and Stats You Should Know
- U.S. Surgeon General Stresses Dangers of Asbestos Exposure
- FACT Act Threatens Rights of Asbestos Victims and Families
- Asbestos Conference Keynotes Feature Asbestos Medical Expert, Advocate
- Honorees to Be Awarded at the 2013 ADAO Conference Dinner
- Meso Foundation to Host Live Stream of 2013 Symposium
- Mesothelioma Symposium To Feature Popular Event Fundraising Session
- Share Your Mesothelioma Story with ADAO
- VIEW MORE