- The Simmons Firm Blog
- > Penn Medicine Hosts Free, Educational Mesothelioma Conference
The “Focus on Mesothelioma Conference”, a free educational conference for patients and their families, will be hosted by Penn Medicine and the Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Friday, Oct. 12 at the Hilton Hotel in Philadelphia. The event is open to the public. A $20 donation is requested.
Mesothelioma is a rare cancer caused by asbestos exposure. Approximately 3,000 people in America are newly diagnosed with this aggressive cancer every year. The Penn Mesothelioma and Pleural Program has a multidisciplinary team of specialists dedicated to treating patients with mesothelioma.
The event’s agenda begins at 7:30 a.m. with an “Ask the Expert” session during a continental breakfast. Patients and families will be able to meet one-on-one with their team about symptom management and integrative therapies during this session and throughout the day.
A general session will follow breakfast which will cover the basics about mesothelioma and introduce the different experts on Penn’s treatment team. Other sessions will look at the university’s latest clinical trials and research aimed at finding more effective ways to treat mesothelioma.To register or for more information, call 1-800-789-PENN or register online at oncolink.org/conference/mesothelioma.
Post a comment
- Blog Contributors
- Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation
- Mesothelioma Video Library
- Simmons Cancer Institute
- Connect to Us Online
- Asbestos Legistation Update: Corporations Lobby for Legislative Protections While Thousands of U.S. Military Veterans Continue to Die from Asbestos Cancer
- Bridgeton Landfill: Rolling Stone Magazine Puts Spotlight on Underground Fire
- Simmons Employee Golf Tourney to Feed Area Elementary Students
- Asbestos Facts and Stats You Should Know
- U.S. Surgeon General Stresses Dangers of Asbestos Exposure
- FACT Act Threatens Rights of Asbestos Victims and Families
- Asbestos Conference Keynotes Feature Asbestos Medical Expert, Advocate
- Honorees to Be Awarded at the 2013 ADAO Conference Dinner
- Meso Foundation to Host Live Stream of 2013 Symposium
- Mesothelioma Symposium To Feature Popular Event Fundraising Session
- VIEW MORE