Thinking about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit in Michigan?
Turn to the Firm, a leading mesothelioma law firm.
Have you or someone you love been diagnosed with mesothelioma? Do you live in or near Michigan? The mesothelioma lawyers at Simmons Hanly Conroy are here to help, and you may be entitled to compensation. Our mesothelioma attorneys have recovered $164,000,000 for victims in the state of Michigan alone.
The lawyers at the Firm have a proven track record for helping guide families through the litigation process. If you are considering filing a lawsuit in Michigan, our dedicated attorneys and staff are ready to address your questions and concerns. Rest assured there is no cost to file a claim, and contacting the firm with your questions is also free.
Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure in Michigan
Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos, a toxic mineral that has been used in thousands of products among various industries. Asbestos exposure was most common in the workplace where certain occupations such as construction workers, shipyard workers and auto mechanics could come into contact with asbestos.
While the EPA has raised awareness of asbestos exposure in the automotive industry within recent decades, there was very little done to protect auto workers from the dangers of asbestos prior to the late twentieth century. This lack of oversight in the automotive industry has led to some of the largest verdicts in asbestos case history being issued against major Michigan auto manufacturers.
Because the auto industry has used parts that contain asbestos since its inception, occupations like mechanics and auto manufacturers are often at risk for developing an asbestos-related lung cancer. If you or a loved one has worked around auto parts that contain asbestos, please let a doctor know immediately. If your doctor knows that you have a history of asbestos exposure, he will be more likely to catch early symptoms of asbestos-related diseases.
A number of work sites in Michigan have been linked to asbestos exposure. Some of these sites include:
- Battle Creek: Ralston Purina Company
- Battle Creek: Post Cereal Plant
- Battle Creek: Kellogg Company
- Dearborn: Ford Motor Company (Lincoln – Mercury Assembly Plant)
- Dearborn: Kaiser Aluminum Plant
- Dearborn: Ford “River Rouge” Automotive Plant
- Detroit: Pennsylvania Salt Mill
- Detroit: Chevrolet Gear And Axle Plant
- Detroit: Chrysler Assembly Plant
- Detroit: Cadillac Automotive Plant
- Detroit: General Motors/Chevrolet Plant
- Detroit: Great Lakes Slab Steel Plant
- Detroit: Chevrolet Plant
- Detroit: Briggs Manufacturing Co.
- Detroit: Chrysler – Plymouth – Dodge Plant
- Detroit: Hudson Motor Car Company
- Detroit: Chrysler Engine Plant
- Detroit: River Rouge Power Plant
- Detroit: American Motors Nash – Kelvinator Refrigerator Plant
- Detroit: Chrysler Stamping Plant
- Detroit: General Motors Plantv
- Flint: Buick City Plant
- Flint: Chevrolet Gear And Axle
- Flint: General Motors Plant
- Flint: General Motors Fisher Body Plant
- Flint: Chevrolet Manufacturing Plant
- Grand Rapids: General Motors Assembly Plant
- Grand Rapids: Kalamazoo
- Grand Rapids: Brown Paper Mill
- Grand Rapids: Upjohn Plant
- Grand Rapids: James River Paper Mill
- Grand Rapids: Bronson Public Hospital
- Grand Rapids: General Motors Transmission Plant
- Saginaw: General Motors Plant
- Saginaw: General Motors Transmission Plant
- Saginaw: General Motors
- Saginaw: Grey Iron Foundry
The state of Michigan continues to be affected by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) show Michigan’s age-adjusted rate for malignant mesothelioma to be between 11.39 and 22.78 deaths per million per year.
With experience helping families living in Michigan who are affected by mesothelioma, it is our job to give our clients a voice to stand up for their rights. At no fault of your own, you were exposed to asbestos and you deserve to have your voice heard in the American legal system.
Our lawyers know mesothelioma and asbestos and have worked with many clients across the state of Michigan in similar situations to your own. We are passionate about improving the lives of cancer victims and their loved ones and we will do what we can to help you get the justice you deserve.
- We come to you. From Michigan to states nationwide, our asbestos attorneys will travel to you. Our goal is to make the litigation process as easy as possible.
- We obtained a $250 million verdict on behalf of a steelworker, the largest single verdict in the history of asbestos litigation. Our attorneys are highly experienced in mesothelioma litigation. Their focused practice has given them a keen understanding of the complex issues surrounding asbestos exposure and the attempts by corporations to keep this information from workers and their families.
- We understand asbestos exposure. Some victims of mesothelioma do not realize they were exposed to asbestos. We will work with your family to investigate your exposure.
Why file a lawsuit?
- A mesothelioma lawsuit may help cover your medical expenses.*
- A mesothelioma settlement can ensure the well-being of your family.
- Our mesothelioma lawyers represent clients nationwide.
- Our attorneys and investigators will travel to you.
- You deserve to hold those who are responsible for your diagnosis accountable.
- It will cost you nothing to file a lawsuit with the Firm because we only get paid if you do.
Find out if you have a case today.
Our experienced Michigan lawyers will evaluate your case, answer your questions and provide you with legal options. Contact the Firm today for a free consultation.
* Please note that recovery results vary per client. The recovery amounts in each case reflect the specific facts of that case. Further, recovery amounts in past cases are not a guarantee of future results.