Mr. Sanford Smokler’s practice focuses on mass torts, personal injury and products liability litigation including the representation of injured consumers in actions against pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. Most notably, he served as a member of the trial team in the first Bextra personal injury trial in the United States. That case settled on the eve of trial and ultimately led to an $894 million settlement of all related cases.
Prior to joining Simmons Hanly Conroy LLC, Mr. Smokler worked at Milberg LLP and Weitz & Luxenberg PC where he litigated asbestos and silicone-gel-filled breast-implant products liability actions on behalf of plaintiffs.
Mr. Smokler resides in Westport, Conn.
- In Re Lipitor (Atorvastatin Calcium) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2502 (D.S.C.)
- In Re DePuy Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2244 (N.D. Tex.)
- In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf Of Mexico, on April 20, 2010 litigation
- In re Chantix (Varenicline) Products Liability Litigation
- In re Yasmin and Yaz (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation
- In re Zelnorm Litigation
- In re Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agents Products Liability Litigation
- In re Bextra and Celebrex Products Liability Litigation
- In re Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Products Liability Litigation
- In re New York City Asbestos Litigation
- In re Silicone Gel Filled Breast Implant Litigation