Complex Litigation Verdicts and Settlements
A Proven Legal Track Record of Success
Simmons Hanly Conroy is a leading complex litigation firm with a proven legal track record. Our firm has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for consumers, entrepreneurs and businesses on a contingency-fee basis.*
We have the legal firepower to litigate against large corporations and manufacturers and hold them accountable for the harm caused to our clients. Companies we have filed high stakes litigation actions against include Volkswagen, Syngenta, Johnson & Johnson, Purdue Pharma, Apple, Inc., to name just a few.
Since 1999, Simmons Hanly Conroy attorneys have recovered over $7 billion on behalf of our clients in verdicts and settlements.
Past Complex Litigation Cases: Verdicts and Settlements
Simmons Hanly Conroy attorneys have held court-appointed leadership roles in many complex multidistrict litigations of national scope, which have resulted in the following global settlements:
- $60 Million Awarded To More Than 100 Victims in Sexual Abuse Class Action Lawsuit
- Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Scandal Settles for $14.7 Billion
- Staggering $1 Billion Bellwether Trial Verdict Over Faulty DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replace Device
- Jury Hits AbbieVie with $150 Million Verdict for Misrepresentation of AndroGel Risks
- Jury Awards Nearly $218 Million to Kansas Corn Growers in First Syngenta GMO Class Action Trial
- $502 Million Bellwether Trial Verdict Secured Against Johnson & Johnson Over Faulty Hip Implant
- $1.1 billion settlement of Toyota Motor Corp. Unintended Acceleration Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation
- Multiple billions of dollars in claims paid by BP Oil to businesses and individuals harmed by the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- $1.69 billion settlement of YAZ and Yasmin Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation
- $299 million settlement of Chantix Products Liability Litigation
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements for families and victims of the Sept. 11, 2011 tragedy
- $32 million settlement in financial injury case
- $20 million settlement for financial advisors in securities class action
- $12 million settlement in Catholic institutions sex abuse case
- $7 million settlement for residents living near a Missouri landfill
- $5 million awarded in wrongful death case
- $3 million verdict in Topamax birth injury case
- $2.9 million awarded as a result of a faulty airbag
How Simmons Hanly Conroy Helped One Small Business Win Big
Synergetics USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: SURG), is a small business that sells highly specialized medical equipment. When Synergetics believed one of its competitors unlawfully used its market dominance to force surgeons to buy its own equipment, Synergetics came to Simmons Hanly Conroy for help.
“To pursue this litigation, we needed to find a very capable counsel willing to become our partners. By hiring Simmons Hanly Conroy on a contingent-fee basis, we were able to pursue a very complex commercial litigation matter with lawyers who were committed to achieving a favorable result for us,” said Peter Rasche, General Counsel, Synergetics USA, Inc.
The lawsuit involved allegations ranging from antitrust monopolization to predatory pricing to unlawful business disparagement. Simmons Hanly Conroy lawyers prosecuted a civil antitrust and unfair competition lawsuit under a contingent-fee arrangement. Synergetics wouldn’t pay attorneys’ fees unless its case resolved favorably. Instead, the firm’s fee would be a percentage of recovery. The arrangement resulted in a $32 million settlement.
Contact Simmons Hanly Conroy
To contact one of our complex litigation attorneys to discuss your potential case, please fill out the form on our contact us page or call toll free
* Please note that recovery results vary per client. The recovery amounts in each case reflect the specific facts of that case. Further, recovery amounts in past cases are not a guarantee of future results.