The UPMC Cancer Centers & University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine will host a one-day “Update on Mesothelioma” conference on Friday, Sept. 28 from 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. EST. The event will cover the most recent advances in mesothelioma therapy including methods of detection, treatment and research.
Conference presenters include Dr. David L. Bartlett, Dr. Rodney J. Landreneau, Dr. Hedy Kindler, and more. They will present on the following topics:
- Changing Trends in Mesothelioma
- Challenges in Treating Pleural Mesothelioma
- Surgical Approaches to Peritoneal Mesothelioma
- Extrapleural Pneumonectomy vs. Pleurectomy: What is the best for Pleural Mesothelioma
- Overview of National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank
- Overview of Maintenance Alimta Trial
This course is designed for medical practitioners including physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in the areas of surgical, medical, radiation oncology, pathology and general surgery.
The conference will take place at the Holiday Inn, 100 Lytton Avenue, Pittsburgh 15213.
The Firm, through the Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation, is proud to support the Comprehensive Mesothelioma Program at UPCI and the UPMC Cancer Centers.