Thinking about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit in Missouri?
Turn to the Firm, a leading mesothelioma law firm.
Have you or someone you love been diagnosed with mesothelioma? Do you live in or near Missouri? The mesothelioma lawyers at Simmons Hanly Conroy are here to help, and you may be entitled to compensation. Our mesothelioma attorneys have recovered $20,000,000 for victims in the state of Missouri alone.
The lawyers at the Firm have a proven track record for helping guide families through the litigation process. If you are considering filing a lawsuit in Missouri, our dedicated attorneys and staff are ready to address your questions and concerns. Rest assured there is no cost to file a claim, and contacting the firm with your questions is also free.
Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure in Missouri
Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos, a toxic mineral that has been used in thousands of products among various industries. Asbestos exposure was most common in the workplace where certain occupations such as construction workers and auto mechanics could come into contact with asbestos.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has cited one Missouri location for asbestos contamination in its Superfund program for hazardous waste cleanup: the Weldon Spring Quarry in St. Charles County. The site—full official listing: Weldon Spring Quarry/Plant/PITS (USDOE/Army)—having received federal remedial action since 1988, is currently under control in regards to human exposures.
According to EPA documentation, the 230-acre property is associated with the Weldon Spring Former Army Ordnance Works, a site on its “National Priorities List.” After land transfers in the 1950s, the U.S. Department of Energy (at the time known as the Atomic Energy Commission) assumed ownership of 220 acres of the original Ordinance Works area. It began to clean up the site in 1987 and is the party responsible for the contamination. Asbestos debris, removed along with overhead piping, was one of more than 100 varieties of contaminated media found on the property, including TNT and uranium.
A number of other work sites in Missouri have been linked to asbestos exposure. Some of these sites include:
- Crystal City: Pittsburgh Plate Glass (PPG) Chemical Plant
- Kansas City: Kansas City Light & Power Steam Plant
- Kansas City: Armco Steel – Kansas City
- Kansas City: Hawthorne Powerhouse
- Kansas City: Ford Motor Plant
- Kansas City: General Motors Plant
- St. Louis: Small Arms Plant
- St. Louis: Anheuser-Busch Brewery
- St. Louis: Mercantile Trust Building
- St. Louis: Mallincrott Chemical Company
- St. Louis: Monsanto Chemical Plant
- St. Louis: Union Electric
- St. Louis: Portage De Sioux Powerhouse
- St. Louis: Nooter Corporation
- St. Louis: Labadie Powerhouse
- St. Louis: Ford Motor Plant
- St. Louis: St. Louis Shipbuilding
- St. Louis: Wagner Electric
- St. Louis: GAF Plant
- St. Louis: Carondelet Foundry
- St. Louis: Chrysler Plant
- Sugar Creek: Standard Oil Refinery
- Sugar Creek: American Oil Company (Amoco)
With experience helping families living in Missouri who are affected by mesothelioma, it is our job to give our clients a voice to stand up for their rights. At no fault of your own, you were exposed to asbestos and you deserve to have your voice heard in the American legal system.
Our lawyers know mesothelioma and asbestos and have worked with many clients across the state of Missouri in similar situations to your own. We are passionate about improving the lives of cancer victims and their loved ones and we will do what we can to help you get the justice you deserve.
- We come to you. From Missouri to states nationwide, our asbestos attorneys will travel to you. Our goal is to make the litigation process as easy as possible.
- We obtained a $250 million verdict on behalf of a steelworker, the largest single verdict in the history of asbestos litigation. Our attorneys are highly experienced in mesothelioma litigation. Their focused practice has given them a keen understanding of the complex issues surrounding asbestos exposure and the attempts by corporations to keep this information from workers and their families.
- We understand asbestos exposure. Some victims of mesothelioma do not realize they were exposed to asbestos. We will work with your family to investigate your exposure.
Why file a lawsuit?
- A mesothelioma lawsuit may help cover your medical expenses.*
- A mesothelioma settlement can ensure the well-being of your family.
- Our mesothelioma lawyers represent clients nationwide.
- Our attorneys and investigators will travel to you.
- You deserve to hold those who are responsible for your diagnosis accountable.
- It will cost you nothing to file a lawsuit with the Firm because we only get paid if you do.
Find out if you have a case today.
Our experienced Missouri lawyers will evaluate your case, answer your questions and provide you with legal options. Contact the Firm today for a free consultation.
* Please note that recovery results vary per client. The recovery amounts in each case reflect the specific facts of that case. Further, recovery amounts in past cases are not a guarantee of future results.