Thinking about filing a mesothelioma lawsuit in Wisconsin?
Turn to the Firm, a leading mesothelioma law firm.
Have you or someone you love been diagnosed with mesothelioma? Do you live in or near Wisconsin? The mesothelioma lawyers at Simmons Hanly Conroy are here to help, and you may be entitled to compensation. Our mesothelioma attorneys have recovered $187,000,000 for victims in the state of Wisconsin alone.
The lawyers at the Firm have a proven track record for helping guide families through the litigation process. If you are considering filing a lawsuit in Wisconsin, our dedicated attorneys and staff are ready to address your questions and concerns. Rest assured there is no cost to file a claim, and contacting the firm with your questions is also free.
Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure in Wisconsin
Mesothelioma is caused by exposure to asbestos, a toxic mineral that has been used in thousands of products among various industries. Asbestos exposure was most common in the workplace where certain occupations such as construction workers, shipyard workers, and auto mechanics could come into contact with asbestos.
The U.S. EPA has cited one Wisconsin location for asbestos contamination in its Superfund program for hazardous waste cleanup: the Spickler Landfill in Marathon County. The site is a former municipal and industrial dump site in a rural area of Spencer. BASF Wyandotte constructed a 10,000-square-foot sludge disposal area for mercury brine muds.
The EPA reports, “Other industrial wastes known to have been disposed of in the Spickler Landfill include kalo dust that contained asbestos, disposed of by Weyerhauser Company …” Contaminated areas included groundwater, leachate, sludge, and soil. Cleanup and asbestos removal began in 1992 and has continued through 2009.
A number of other work sites in Wisconsin have been linked to asbestos exposure. Some of these sites include:
- Beloit: Beloit Powerhouse
- Green Bay: Green Bay Power Plant
- Green Bay: Green Bay Packaging Paper Mill
- Manitowoc: Manitowoc Shipyard
- Manitowoc: Mirro Plant
- Milwaukee: Port Washington Powerhouse
- Milwaukee: St. Luke’s Hospital
- Milwaukee: Allis-Chalmers Corporation
- Milwaukee: Oak Creek Powerhouse
- Racine: Ocean Spray Plant
- Racine: Continental Can Plant
- Wisconsin Rapids: Consolidated Water Power & Paper Company
CDC statistics show Wisconsin’s age-adjusted death rate for malignant mesothelioma to be between 11.5 and 23 deaths per million per year, in the highest tier for the 1999-2005 period.1 The Wisconsin Department of Health Services shows a corresponding mesothelioma death rate average of 1.1 per 100,000 for 2000-2007.
With experience helping families living in Wisconsin who are affected by mesothelioma, it is our job to give our clients a voice to stand up for their rights. At no fault of your own, you were exposed to asbestos and you deserve to have your voice heard in the American legal system.
Our lawyers know mesothelioma and asbestos and have worked with many clients across the state of Wisconsin in similar situations to your own. We are passionate about improving the lives of cancer victims and their loved ones and we will do what we can to help you get the justice you deserve.
- We come to you. From Wisconsin to states nationwide, our asbestos attorneys will travel to you. Our goal is to make the litigation process as easy as possible.
- We obtained a $250 million verdict on behalf of a steelworker, the largest single verdict in the history of asbestos litigation. Our attorneys are highly experienced in mesothelioma litigation. Their focused practice has given them a keen understanding of the complex issues surrounding asbestos exposure and the attempts by corporations to keep this information from workers and their families.
- We understand asbestos exposure. Some victims of mesothelioma do not realize they were exposed to asbestos. We will work with your family to investigate your exposure.
Why file a lawsuit?
- A mesothelioma lawsuit may help cover your medical expenses.*
- A mesothelioma settlement can ensure the well-being of your family.
- Our mesothelioma lawyers represent clients nationwide.
- Our attorneys and investigators will travel to you.
- You deserve to hold those who are responsible for your diagnosis accountable.
- It will cost you nothing to file a lawsuit with the Firm because we only get paid if you do.
Find out if you have a case today.
Our experienced Wisconsin lawyers will evaluate your case, answer your questions and provide you with legal options. Contact the Firm today for a free consultation.
* Please note that recovery results vary per client. The recovery amounts in each case reflect the specific facts of that case. Further, recovery amounts in past cases are not a guarantee of future results.