As a leading national law firm, dedicated to the fight against mesothelioma, the asbestos lawyers at the Firm understand that information can be a powerful tool. For families and patients affected by mesothelioma, we offer you the following list of mesothelioma resources:
Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation: The Mesothelioma Research Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to “eradicating mesothelioma as a life-ending disease.” Funded by mesothelioma patients, families, law firms, drug companies, advocates and researchers, the foundation offers a collection of resources and information on treatment options, specialists and support groups.
Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation: As part of their mission to fight against mesothelioma, the Firms founded the Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation. The Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting medical research and promoting awareness of mesothelioma and other asbestos related diseases.
Asbestos and Mesothelioma Information
Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization: The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) is an advocacy group that looks to give victims a voice while working to raise awareness in regards to the dangers of asbestos.
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry: The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ASTDR) offers information on asbestos, including its effect on public health.
American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society offers information on asbestos, the effects of asbestos exposure, and treatment options for mesothelioma.
Environmental Protection Agency: The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is a detailed source for answers to common questions surrounding asbestos concerns and sources of asbestos exposure.
provides this list of NCI designated cancer institutes.
Mesothelioma Research Partners
As advocates looking to bring awareness to the dangers of asbestos and help aid in the advancements of mesothelioma treatment options, the Firm and Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation have identified and partnered with a number of leading oncologists, advocates, hospital and universities. Some of these include:
- NYU Cancer Institute: Dr. Harvey Pass at NYU Medical Center, author of 100 Questions & Answers About Mesothelioma
- Columbus University Medical Center: Dr. Robert Taub at Columbia University, Director of the Mesothelioma Center
- The University of Chicago Medical Center: Dr. Hedy Lee Kindler, Director, Mesothelioma Program at the University of Chicago Medical Center
- Penn Medicine: University of Pennsylvania Mesothelioma and Pleural Disease Program
- UPMC: Mesothelioma Specialty Cancer Care Center The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and UPMC Cancer Centers
- Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center: The Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center: The University of California – San Francisco
- Simmons Hanly Conroy Supports Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation with $100,000 Educational Grant
- Simmons Hanly Conroy Donates $100,000 to Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
Mesothelioma Client Testimonials
“The Firm makes you feel like you’re somebody, and like you do matter. Sometimes you get the wrong interpretation of lawyers and attorneys – they’re good people. They’re humans too, they’re just trying to help. They become good friends, evenRead More