As a leading national law firm dedicated to the fight against mesothelioma, Simmons Hanly Conroy understands that information can be a powerful tool. For families and patients affected by mesothelioma, we offer you the following list of mesothelioma resources.
Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation:
The Meso Foundation is a nonprofit collaboration of patients, families, physicians, advocates, and researchers dedicated to “eradicating mesothelioma as a life-ending disease.” The foundation offers a collection of resources and information on treatment options, specialists and support groups.
Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation
As part of their mission to fight against mesothelioma, the lawyers of Simmons Hanly Conroy formed the Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation. The Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting medical research and promoting awareness of mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. It has donated over $8 million and counting to its supported research partners below.
Mesothelioma & Asbestos Information
ADAO is an advocacy group dedicated to fully banning asbestos and building awareness about its dangers.
ASTDR offers information on asbestos, including its effect on public health.
The American Cancer Society offers information on asbestos, the effects of asbestos exposure, and treatment options for mesothelioma.
The EPA provides detailed answers to common questions surrounding asbestos concerns and sources of asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma Research Partners
As advocates looking to bring awareness to the dangers of asbestos and help aid in the advancements of mesothelioma treatment options, the Simmons Mesothelioma Foundation has identified and partnered with a number of leading oncologists, advocates, hospitals and universities. Some of these include:
- The Perlmutter Cancer Center at New York University (NYU) Langone Medical Center: Dr. Harvey Pass, author of 100 Questions & Answers About Mesothelioma
- Columbia University Medical Center: Division of Hematology/Oncology of the Department of Medicine
- The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center: Dr. Hedy Lee Kindler, Director, The Mesothelioma Program
- The University of Pennsylvania: The Penn Medicine Mesothelioma and Pleural Disease Program
- The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute & UPMC Cancer Center: Mesothelioma Specialty Cancer Care Center
- The University of California, San Francisco: The Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center