ALTON, Ill. – Simmons Hanly Conroy, one of the nation’s leaders in asbestos and mesothelioma litigation with nearly 80 attorneys in six offices across the United States, is pleased to announce Shareholder Christopher R. Guinn, will speak at Perrin Conferences’ Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation Conference March 8-9. The conference begins today at the Beverly Wilshire hotel in Beverly Hills.
For the eighth year in a row, this conference will showcase some of the nation’s top professionals in the asbestos and mesothelioma community.
Guinn presents this morning on the topic of Personal Jurisdiction: Where is Daimler Driving the Litigation? Joining Trey Watkins and Craig Ziolkowski, Guinn will discuss the following:
- The update and impact of recent decisions
- How the judiciaries in key jurisdictions are interpreting and entering rulings on PJ motions
- Will Personal Jurisdiction finally drive a major shift in filing trends?
- Jurisdiction, Cost and Risk: A candid assessment of factors driving decisions to pursue Personal Jurisdiction motions
- Practical considerations for litigating in multiple jurisdictions
The conference agenda will also highlight a variety of other asbestos litigation topics, including evaluating the key legal and strategic issues, litigating cases in a post-OSHA paradigm, the in-house counsel and insurance perspectives, and more.
The event not only provides educational and networking opportunities, but also provides Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits to attendees.
Guinn is a shareholder at Simmons Hanly Conroy. He dedicates his practice to representing victims of mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases and has recovered millions of dollars on their behalf.