The 10th annual ADAO International Asbestos Awareness Conference is scheduled from April 4 to 6, 2014. The conference will feature more than 30 prominent experts and asbestos victims from around the world who will present the latest medical advancements pertaining to mesothelioma treatment, disease prevention and global advocacy.
At the conference, ADAO will honor a select group of individuals, who include:
- Congressman Henry Waxman, recipient of the Tribute of Hope Award for his constant commitment to public health and safety.
- Dr. David Egilman, posthumous recipient of the Dr. Irving Selikoff Lifetime Achievement Award honoring his dedication to increasing asbestos awareness and advocacy for asbestos-related diseases.
- Bill Ravanesi, recipient of the Tribute of Inspiration Award for his efforts to protect workers’ rights and pursue justice for asbestos victims and their loved ones.
- Jannelle Bedel, recipient of the Alan Reinstein Award for her dedication to mesothelioma education, advocacy and support before losing her battle with mesothelioma in 2013.
- Lou Williams, recipient of the Alan Reinstein Award for her commitment to mesothelioma education, support and advocacy to numerous mesothelioma patients.
- Heather Von St. James, recipient of the Alan Reinstein Award for her dedication to mesothelioma education, advocacy and support.
- Dr. Ken Takahashi, recipient of the Dr. Irving Selikoff Lifetime Achievement Award for his commitment to raising asbestos awareness, eradicating disease and supporting ADAO.
- Congressman Bruce Vento, posthumous recipient of the Warren Zevon “Keep Me in Your Heart” Memorial Tribute for her many years of service as a legislator and public advocate.
- National Association for the Defense of Asbestos Victims (Andeva), recipient of the Tribute of Unity Award for its national and international efforts to protect public health and ban asbestos.
The Firm would like to congratulate all of the above honorees for their dedication to mesothelioma and asbestos awareness. The effort to end mesothelioma and asbestos exposure takes commitment from countless individuals like those listed above, and along with patients and victims of mesothelioma, we thank you.